I have supported several clients this month (May 2013) regarding an error message in outlook 2013 informing that cannot send message because it exceeds the maximum allowed size or it simply informs that message could not be sent. Those clients where using IMAP server on godaddy’s secureserver.net ant the “outbox” was empty.
The only way I found to resolve the problem was to delete the entire profile. After that, recreate the connection and sync messages again. Below is the procedure my users followed:
- Make sure you copy all settings information from servers and connection ports from current profile. This is IMPORTANT do not proceed if you don’t have or cannot identify this information.
- Close outlook.
- Go to control panel / mail and delete the current profile.
- On folder options, make sure Hidden files are visible
- Go to folder AppDataLocalMicrosoftOutlook and create folder named OLD
- Copy everything to this folder
- Delete everything BUT the old folder.
- Go back to control panel/ mail and create new profile
- Configure new account.
- The beauty of IMAP is that it will sync all files from the server to your new .ost